We have not been here before, though our communal maps app has certainly brought us nearby. Heated elections come and go, and people on both sides of the divide become riled up and positive that the opposition is condoning no less than the destruction of these United States of America. That’s par for the course… but openly advocating rebellion and assassination if one’s candidate loses?! That’s sheer insanity.
… and I wrote the above as part of a rather lengthy critique-endorsement (and, of course, Top 5) that I’ve decided to hold off on publishing until the end of this month, when its appearance will undoubtedly sway the legions of undecided voters – or, at least, my cat – to my way of thinking. Until then, here’s this top five; make of it what you will.
- Peter, Paul & Mary – “Blowin’ in the Wind.”
2) Lone Justice – “Fortunate Son.”
3) Stephen Stills & Manassas – “Fallen Eagle.”
4) Bob Dylan – “Idiot Wind.”
5) Neil Young – “Rockin’ in the Free World.”